The New Decay

for those who love myusik

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

A Few Notes




Last night I finally went to a show at the new venue above Ragpickers. The place was great! It's very 'house-concertesque' in that the whole place could fit in your living room, and comes equipped with foam pads to sit on so the hardwood floor doesn't kill your ass, that double as leggo pieces. It probably helped that Ottawa's The Acorn were performing who were stunning. You could tell by the way they were playing that the venue was working for them. Besides getting kicked in the face by some french dude from All Your Friends (he later apologized saying 'I'm sorry man, I was in the moment you know?' to which I replied 'I'll give you a moment!' ... well, I didn't really say that but wouldn't it have been awesome?), I'd say the evening was quite splendid.

Tonight I'm heading over to the pyramid (yuck!) to check out the Ladyhawk/Jon-Rae/Constantines (awesome!) show. All three bands kick ass live so it should be a good time as well. If you're not already planning on going you should. Get over your disdain for the Pyramid and enjoy the show. I should have a write up on that tomorrow.

Thursday night after taking communion, I'll be heading over to umfm to join Kevin Scott on his show The Electric Tongue. I've always enjoyed both of Kevin's shows (The Electric Muse is one of the better English Folk music shows you'll ever hear), and am looking forward to doing a show with him. He said make it eclectic so I'm thinking have a metal/noise/dubstep set (Sun O))), Wolf Eyes, Kode 9 and Burial) followed by a female singer songwriter set (Juana Molina, Christine Fellows, Espers, Kate Bush) but don't know where to take it from there. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Until next time...

1 Comments:

  • At 8:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    How about a nice metalcore set? "Blueprints for Future Homes" by Norma Jean, "Connected" by Means, and "Through Struggle" by As I Lay Dying. That oughtta do it. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home