The New Decay

for those who love myusik

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Praise and Worship Music Done Right




This Tuesday see one of my favorite live acts, Jon Rae and the River, coming into town with two other great live bands, The Constantines and Kelowna's Ladyhawk.

Jon Rae's music is a wonderful mix of praise and worship music and Nirvana, and is the kind of music that is meant to be seen in a live setting. I saw him in the fall at Times Change and it was awesome. He could have had the entrie audience in hysterics for all I cared, I was just simply fixated on the bands presence. They all get into the music in such a way that makes you think they're as surprised by how great it is as you are. And he's a former E-Town by like myself (well, kind of. He's actually from Sherwood Park, which touches Edmonton, but has terrible air pollution problems.). Again, that's this Tuesday at the Pyramid. Also, I will be playing a bunch of tracks from his last two albums on my show tomorrow (@ 2pm, umfm 101.5), so you can check that out if you want.

More readings here and here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home