The New Decay

for those who love myusik

Thursday, September 27, 2007

On The Decay

For tomorrows show...

1.) I'll be commenting a bit on last nights Built to Spill show, and playing some stuff of theirs. Probably "Velvet Waltz" which is my personal favorite track of the bands, and a definite highlight from yesterday. The show was great. They played a good mix of their new stuff and classics, although a little more selection from Perfect From Now On would have been nice. It was really interesting to see a band that I would have given anything to see back in 1999 (I almost quite my job so I could drive down to see them play in Vancouver) but have cooled on more recently. The evening had an 'oh yeah I love this band' feeling to it. Openers Attack in Black sucked however.

2.) I'm working on a love-in mixtape to celebrate the glory that is The Magnetic Fields 69 Love Songs. I'm currently reading the 33 1/3 book on the album and keep getting these songs stuck in my head that seem to be good foils for the album. I'll have something up here early next week. My hope is to start a "Tiny Mixtapes" section for my show which will treat other albums in similar fashion. I'm already putting together one for Final Fantasy's He Poos Clouds (which features the likes of Bartok, Destroyer, and Barbara Streisand), and Nirvana's In Utero (which so far features Young Marble Giants and ABBA). The goal is not to say 'this is what these albums are inspired by' but more 'listening to this, makes me think of this.'

Until next time ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home