The New Decay

for those who love myusik

Friday, March 24, 2006

CATCHING UP

So I've been gone for a while so here's what's been happening.

First of all, The Manitoban did a profile for my show on umfm today. It's okay. I'm certain that I never said a couple of those quotes, and they make it seem like I don't like doing the Alberta Report with Kristen Epp WHICH ISN'T THE CASE. All in all I appreciate the enthusiasm they had about the show, and their willingness to profile it.

A couple of weeks ago I went to see Akron/Family which I have been anticipating for months. The show was really good. The bassist had severe broncitus and couldn't scream like he apparently usually does (this resulted in a somewhat uninspired acoustic version of "Raise the Sparks"). The show started with the bass player explaining how the show was going to consist of 'loud parts and quiet parts.' Which it did. The whole evening was a counterplay between quiet four part harmonies and full out noise and was really enjoyable. They seemed to hit their peak during the first few songs and then just played on cruise control after that which was a bit dissapointing. It seems like the individuals in the band have really taken their project to heart as, just like their songs, they themselves seemed on the verge of utter collapse. All in all the show was good, not as good as I had anticipated, but still good.

The Gunshy play the Pyramid on Saturday for a whopping $4.99. Fans of Tom Waits and Nick Cave Rejoice!

Destroyer, Band of Horses and Devendra Banhart have been added to the already kickin' Pitchfork Music Festival lineup. Now the festival just needs a few artists not so 'indie' friendly to add to the bill (some Ariel Pink or Kate Bush would be nice, but doubtful). I got my ticket yesterday, and you should get yours.

Anywho, that's all for me know.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:33 PM , Blogger brendo said...

    Mark has the tickets on his desk, so it looks like we're goin'. Plus it looks like I'm the first to comment here, so 12 points for me.

     
  • At 9:33 PM , Blogger brendo said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:22 PM , Blogger Jeremy Wiebe said...

    You're going to Pitchfork? Looks like an excellent line-up. I've been looking for a good summer concert road trip. This could be it ... Those are super cheap tix, too!

     
  • At 7:19 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home